Friday, May 3, 2013

Jonathan and Diana's Wedding: April 27, The Big Day


Saturday morning I woke way too early but got in a good workout before the day got too hectic.  At 9 my sister, mother and I unloaded the flowers, ribbons and tools from the car and got to work.  The bouquets still looked beautiful, thank heaven- all they needed was wrapping with ribbon.  I finished the boutonnieres, gave up on Velcro for the wrist corsages, and made nosegays instead.  When all else fails, improvise.  One hour before the ceremony we finished, made ourselves pretty, and headed to the church with our finished products.
Before the ceremony.




Jonathan and some of his groomsmen.

Lighting the Unity candle, with Diana's mother.


Here comes the bride!.


 Jonathan and his pastor, a close friend from college.

This picture needs no caption. 

Husband and wife!
The flowers came out OK.
Diana's bouquet.
 With my parents.
 With Diana's parents.
With Ron and me.
Entering the reception.

First dance.
 
Post-script:  Jonathan and Diana passed through KC on their way back home from the honeymoon a few days later and we had lunch together near my office.  It was wonderful to see them, and to see the love between the two of them.  We wish them many happy years together.   

No comments:

Post a Comment